Dynamic Routes Installation instructions
Download from Web
1. The simplest way of installing Dynamic Routes is to go to the Module Admin menu under the Admin menu. There choose the option "Upload Modules". Copy and paste the link to the latest version (from this page) into the "Download Remote Module" field and click on "Download (From Web)"
2. Ater downloading click on "local module administration"
3. Locate the Dynamic Route module in the list of applications and click on the install button.
4. Click on "Process" button, then on next screen click on "Confirm"
5. At the end of the installation click on "Return". After that click the red "Apply Configuration" button.
1. Download the latest source code file from this page. The souce code is signed with my gpg key. Therefore you may optionally verify the file has not been altered since I signed it. After downloading the file signature and my gpg key (available here) at the command line:
gpg --import johnfawcett.gpg gpg --verify dynroute-13.0.4.zip.sig
The result should be something like this:
gpg: Good signature from "John Fawcett <[email protected]>"
2. In FreePBX GUI go to Module Admin menu under the Admin menu. There choose the option "Upload Modules" Choose option "Upoad (From Hard Disk)" from pull down menu, browse for file on your local disk and then click on "Upload (From Hard Disk) button.
3. Ater uploading click on "local module administration"
4. Locate the Dynamic Route module in the list of applications and click on the install button.
5. Click on "Process" button, then on next screen click on "Confirm"
6. At the end of the installation click on "Return". After that click the red "Apply Configuration" button.
If using the database lookup method make sure you have a test database with some test data available and a user and password that you have already verified can access the relevant table(s). If using one of the other lookup methods you will need to make sure it is available (for example a web service or an agi script). If possible test your lookup before integrating with FreePBX.
Go to the Dynamic Route menu. In the latest versions it is under the "Applicaitons" menu, but in earlier versions it was under the "Other" menu (or it's own menu if it was the only "other" module installed).
Configure a new dynamic route (see the Reference section or configuration examples section).
After that the new route is available for use as a destination in FreePBX modules. Calls will not be passed through the dynamic route until you configure the dynamic route as a destination in your call flow. For example a dynamic route could be specified as a destination for an inbound route if you want your inbound calls to be processed by the dynamic route.
Test out the call flow using different data scenarios.
Dynamic Routes is not part of the FreePBX core modules and the latest versions are published in GitHub rather than in the FreePBX contributed modules repository. As such there is no automatic way to get news about updates. If you would like to be informed of when new updates are available, please email me with the subject line "Dynamic Routes updates". Please do not use the version of Dynamic Routes in the FreePBX repository because it is out of date.
The upgrade process is the same as the installation process. Follow the steps above. The installation automatically detects the presence of a previous version and upgrades it. If you find any issues please let me know.